Finding a reliable and trustworthy home watch company is essential to giving you peace of mind while you’re away from your property. Home watch services can include checking on your property while you’re away, performing concierge services, and taking care of routine maintenance.
Whether you’re a homeowner, renter or investor, you want to ensure that the home watch company you choose is the right fit for you and your property. When interviewing potential home watch companies, it’s important to ask the right questions to ensure you’re getting the best service for your needs.
Here are the top 10 questions to ask when interviewing a home watch company:
1. Are you licensed? If they say yes, it’s time to look elsewhere. The state of Florida currently does not have a home watch license.
Our Answer: No, the state of Florida does not require home watch companies to be licensed. We are, however, a registered business, insured, and bonded.
2. How long have you been in business? A company that has been in business for a number of years is likely to be experienced and have a good understanding of the services they provide. Asking this question will also give you an idea of their level of commitment and dependability.
Our Answer: We started Babcock Home Watch in March of 2021 shortly after moving to Babcock Ranch. David retired after 15+ years in law enforcement in 2020, and we moved our family to Florida and sunshine.
3. Who will be “watching” my home? Knowing who will be visiting your property should be a concern. Companies that outsource positions or have a revolving door of employees are not a good fit. You should be able to trust that each person who enters your home will not only provide a professional home inspection but be trustworthy and honest.
Our Answer: We have an entire team of Babcock Ranch residents here to serve you. While we like to provide a personal and friendly service, we also like to ensure coverage in case of illness, injury, or vacation. Your home watch reports will be completed by David or a member of our friendly team – John, Terri, Kevin, Mike, Shawn, or Russ.
They have all been professionally trained, are your neighbors, and are as trustworthy and honest as they come. We’re all here to ensure your home is well taken care of while you’re away. All reports are reviewed and followed up on immediately if any issues arise.
4. What services do you provide? The services a home watch company offers can vary, so it’s important to ask this question to get a clear understanding of what they can do for you. This way, you’ll know if they can provide the services you need and if they can meet your expectations.
Our Answer: Our home watch services are the primary core of our business. However, we know that nowadays a home is also a connected and technological hub. In our smart city, we also offer smart home automation services to give you even more peace of mind while you’re away. Babcock Home Watch is a Ring Authorized Partner for wireless security camera installation, Eero wireless internet setup (for fantastic and reliable internet speeds), and other smart home devices.
5. Do you provide references? References are a great way to get an honest opinion of the company you’re considering. Ask for a list of references so you can call and ask questions about their experience with the company.
Our Answer: Absolutely. Be sure to check out our Facebook and Google reviews. You can also search Babcock Ranch Facebook groups to find messages of thanks and appreciation for our services. We truly believe in our neighbors first, business second core value and appreciate all of our customers and their reviews.
6. Do you have insurance? It’s important to make sure the home watch company you choose is properly insured in case of any accidents or damage to your property.
Our Answer: Yes, we are properly insured and bonded.
7. How often do you visit my property? Knowing how often the home watch company visits your property is important for determining the level of service you’ll receive. Some companies may offer more frequent visits if needed, so be sure to ask if this is an option.
Our Answer: We offer weekly and bi-weekly options for homes and condos. Please check with your homeowner’s insurance before selecting a plan. Many insurance companies require a minimum home watch take place which is why we do not offer monthly plans.
8. How much do you charge? It’s important to know the cost of the home watch services before making a decision. Ask the company for an estimate of the cost so you can compare the services and prices of different companies.
Our Answer: We’d be happy to provide our current price list. It varies by frequency and property size. We bill on the 1st of each month for services provided the previous month (ie July services are billed August 1st). We do not charge in advance nor do we charge when you’re home. You only pay for the services you need and request.
9. How do you handle communication? Good communication with your home watch company is essential. Ask the company how they handle communication and what methods they use to keep you informed about your property.
Our Answer: We can be reached by phone or text at 608-797-2910 (David), via email at email@example.com or on our Facebook page.
10. What do you do on a home watch visit and what can I expect? A good home watch company will provide a detailed checklist of the items being reviewed. They will also provide documentation for your review.
Our Answer: On a home watch visit, we have a very detailed and thorough checklist that is covered each and every visit. We will check the exterior of your home for any signs of damage or wear that might require attention. We will also check entry points for signs of forced entry, inspect for evidence of pests or infestations, check for any water damage, and review the HVAC system for any potential issues.
We will also take photos and videos of the exterior and interior of your home to document the condition of your property. After the visit, you can expect a detailed report of our findings, as well as any recommendations for any necessary repairs or maintenance.
These are the top 10 questions to ask when interviewing a home watch company. Asking the right questions will help you make an informed decision when it comes to choosing the right company for your needs. Make sure to take your time and research potential companies thoroughly to ensure you’re getting the best service possible. If you choose our team at Babcock Home Watch, we look forward to working with you!